4.05.2013

Why I Support the AHA Omaha Heart Walk!

.  So...this post is a little different than normal.

No recipe, whatsoever.  Sowwy guys.  But I do think what I have to share with you all is worth the click.  You'll get what I mean as you read on.

This year I'm one of the team captains for the American Heart Association Heart Walk at my work, Union Pacific (UP).  This is my first year joining the team and I can't tell you how excited I am for it.  All I'm asking is that you take one click to my personal donation page where you can read about MY reason for supporting this truly life saving organization.


I'm by no means asking you to donate, but to just simply read my family's story.  And then, if it happens to pull at your heart strings [pun intended], then of course it would be wonderful if you could spare even $5 to show your support.  My story alone demonstrates that these donations really do save lives!  And what's even better is that my company matches every donation of $25 and above (e.g., donate $25, UP donates $25, and your donation magically becomes $50!)!!

And for those of you in Omaha who would like to actually participate in this walk, just select the Join My Team option [AERO is the employee resource group I represent], go through the registration, and I'll see you at 9:30 AM sharp on Saturday, May 11 And for you out-of-towners, you can also search for a nearby Heart Walk in your area!

If you're looking to donate, but for some reason are having a hard time navigating the page, please send me an e-mail at jesswaka@gmail.com and I'll be more than happy to help you out!  Thanks in advance for taking a moment to read this post and/or choosing to spend your hard earned dollars to support AHA!.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: