4.17.2012

TWD Baking with Julia: Lemon Loaf Cake


Wow, it's only been about a month but I feel like I haven't visited Baking with Julia in a VERY long time.  Sad day.

But not to worry, TWD is back in action!  And today we have a very easy, yet spectacular, treat for you:  Lemon Loaf Cake.  Remember my Cake Show Pound Cake I made for SRC?  Well this loaf cake is extremely reminiscent of it, except with a refreshing touch of citrusy lemon.  And because the almond whipped cream was such a hit with that Cake Show Pound Cake, I felt a need to make a simple, simple accompaniment: lemon drizzle.  Supa easy [squeeze out the juice of one lemon and add powdered sugar until desired consistency] and the drizzle added just the right amount of extra lemon flavor. 


Whoa, this might be my shortest post to date.  But I guess that speaks for the simplicity of the recipe, right?  I must say though, this isn't exactly my most favorite recipe from TWD.  Yes, the loaf still screams 'quality', but I guess I'm just not the biggest lemony bread fan?  Yeah, that must be it.  Or I think what would really bring me in would be a nice thick layer of lemon frosting.  Maybe next time!  But for those of you looking for a heavenly lemon-scented bread, you will find this recipe all too pleasing.


I know my direct and to-the-point description of this citrus loaf has you itching for more.  And possibly drooling.  So head on over to our blog hosts for this month, Treats or The Beauty of Life, for the Lemon Loaf Cake Recipe!  OR, check out the Leave Your Link (LYL) Post to check out all of the other TWD members!


Until next month, TWD!  . 

post signature

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. I frosted this and it was quite tasty. It was so springy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cake looks positively delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely photos.
    I glazed mine & was glad for the extra hit of lemon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree that lemon frosting would have improved the eating experience here. I used a glaze and it was not enough. Your loaf does look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful looking loaf, and fantastic photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - this loaf cake looks amazing. I love lemon, anything. I can't wait to make it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so yummy!

    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Jess,

    Thanks so much for linking up your recipes to Creative Thursday this week. This looks amazing! I love anything to do with lemons.

    Hope to see you again next week. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your loaf looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks lovely and lemony!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yours looks really, really good. Beautiful photos.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just saw your cake on Sweet as Sugar Cookies and thought "uh...I recognise this one! Someone from the TWD Baking with Julia Group"
    And here I am....
    Your cake looks so yummy and the picture you made are beautiful.
    I didn't like its texture and I'm probably not going to bake it again... but who knows...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so amazingly moist and delicious! Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This looks so moist and delicious! We loved having you link up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." Hope you'll be back soon! -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love lemon loaf! This looks awesome. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything is very open with a precise description of the
    challenges. It was definitely informative. Your site is extremely helpful.
    Thank you for sharing!

    Have a look at my webpage fresh saffron

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Blog Design By: